Sunday, June 16, 2013

Here goes nothing!

So my journey as a blogger begins... I'm always searching for an outlet for my scrambled thoughts, emotions, triumphs, failures and joys. In addition, my family has requested a means by which to communicate that I am still alive every once in a while, particularly when I travel overseas. Well, Mom & Dad, here you go. Seems only right that my first post comes on Father's Day. Let me tell you, I've got a good one. Dad, that is. :) For most people, my dad is a strong, tough, quiet and stern guy. And he is. But when I say the word "Dad" in my head, I recall the times when he has been soft, vulnerable, nurturing and approachable. The times he sat with me in silence while I cried. Those times his voice cracked when he told me how proud he was of me. The times his face lights up when his girls walk through the door. That big, full, jolly Santa laugh that comes out when something is really funny. The quiet yet honest way he prays before family meals. What a special man to leave those memories as his legacy. Happy Father's Day...

No comments:

Post a Comment