Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Two days in Thailand....

Of all the places I've traveled, Thailand is quickly becoming a favorite. The people here are delightful. Our guide, Dare, is a happy old soul who tells jokes and giggles incessantly. I asked him how he was this morning and his response was, "Every day is a good day for me!".  The best thing: he truly means it. His attitude is infectious and seems to be the way of life here.
As I reflect back on the past 48 hrs, I hardly believe the words that come from my mouth. We have gone to temples with monks, visited orchid farms, played with baby tigers and cuddled with huge adult tigers, wandered the local markets to taste fruits I've never heard of before and ate incredible Thai food. I can't wait to show you the photos. If I stay much longer I will undoubtedly be spoiled rotten. I cannot recommend Chiang Mai highly enough.
Tomorrow we will head out to an elephant sanctuary to ride and feed the beautiful animals then try out bamboo rafting. I can't wait! What a great few days left in SE Asia to round out a great trip.
Until next time...
All my love,
Erin
P.S. Safe and happy travels to my mom, dad, aunt Judy and Uncle Greg. I love you all! Take good notes because Spain is high on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment