Sunday, July 21, 2013

We have arrived!

I am finally in SE Asia! It only took a 30 min flight to Dallas followed by a 13 hour flight to Tokyo followed by a 6 hour flight to Hanoi followed by a 1 hour drive to our hotel. By my calculations, that's 20.5 hours of flight time.  It's just before 11pm here. The people have been warm and accommodating and the energy of Vietnam is truly vibrant.  I'm sitting in our beautiful room listening to the bustling of the city below and enjoying our welcome snack of Vietnamese beer and pineapple. Tomorrow starts early with a 3 hour drive to Halong Bay to enjoy the jade green ocean and sunshine. Thank you to all my friends and family for the well wishes, thoughts and prayers. I'll write again soon!
ER

1 comment:

  1. How exciting, can't wait to see pics and hear stories. I love a good adventure!

    ReplyDelete